Largest and Longest Running Deployments Have Defined New Sector, Established Lighting as Part of the IoT
New York (LightFair International), May 5, 2015 – At LightFair 2015, Digital Lumens celebrates its dominant position in the intelligent LED fixture market. With the largest number of installed intelligent fixtures in the world and the longest running, large-scale deployments, Digital Lumens is leading the lighting industry migration to fully integrated, controlled systems where lighting is part of the Internet of Things (IoT) and a strategic platform for building intelligence.
“Digital Lumens has defined the market for intelligent LED lighting, with one hundred percent of our fixtures being smart, while other manufacturers are just now discovering the value of controls,” said Tom Pincince, President and CEO of Digital Lumens. “Customers have embraced Digital Lumens for the dramatic energy savings and unprecedented flexibility, and are deriving long-term value from their ability to access new levels of building intelligence. No other lighting technology company has achieved the efficiency or market impact,” Pincince added.
“Networked, intelligent lighting, which is at the forefront of IoT-based intelligence for the built environment, is now a platform that gives enterprises access to new streams of data,” said Brian Chemel, Co-founder and CTO of Digital Lumens. “Our lighting system also provides a host of opportunities to integrate lighting data and behavior with other systems of record to enable new applications. From commercial, institutional, educational to industrial sectors, these new capabilities translate into strategic advantage.”
At LightFair 2015, Digital Lumens will showcase a network of intelligent high bay and linear LED fixtures, as well as third-party fixtures all managed by LightRules® lighting and energy management software, and a new fixture preview. The new fixture, a DLE 24,000, features uplighting capabilities, allowing any lightbars to be fully rotated to expand the options available for light distribution in a range of environments, including sporting facilities.
Covering more than 200 million square feet (20 million square meters) of commercial and industrial space worldwide, Digital Lumens is helping customers reduce lighting-related energy use by up to 90% and meet corporate sustainability goals in a broad range of facilities. From manufacturing, distribution, processing, and aviation to sporting and others, thousands of facilities have installed Digital Lumens intelligent LED fixtures, including:
- Dassault Falcon Jet, a subsidiary of the world’s leading aerospace company, Dassault Aviation, deployed the Digital Lumens system across its distribution center in Little Ferry, NJ, saving 90% on lighting-related energy.
- Dartmouth College, which deployed the Digital Lumens Intelligent LED Lighting System in the Leverone Field House, saving 75% in lighting energy and offering customized lighting profiles to the facility’s many users (see separate announcement).
- Ace Hardware Corporation, the world’s largest hardware cooperative, upgraded the lighting in its 1,000,000 square foot Retail Support Center following an 8-month PG&E study that validated the efficiency benefits of highly integrated and controllable lighting systems. Ace has saved an average of 81% in lighting-related energy costs since deployment in 2013.
- Stone Brewing Co., the 10th largest craft brewer in the U.S., deployed Digital Lumens in its keg and bottling facility in California and saves more than 86% annually in annual energy costs compared to T8 fluorescent alternatives.
- Swire Cold Storage, one of the largest cold storage providers in the world, has deployed the Digital Lumens Intelligent LED Lighting System across its network of sites in Australia, saving 90% on its lighting energy use, or 1,000,000 kWh over the first 18 months of the deployment.
About Digital Lumens
Digital Lumens is a global supplier of enterprise-scale intelligent LED lighting systems for leading commercial and industrial customers, delivering 90% energy savings and a platform for building intelligence. With deployments of 200 million square feet (20 million square meters) of coverage across 40 countries, Digital Lumens brings the tangible benefits of Internet of Things (IoT) to commercial and industrial lighting environments. For more information, please visit www.digitallumens.com.
# # #
Note to editors: Digital Lumens and LightRules are trademarks of Digital Lumens.