VP of Product Management
The VP of Product Management will be responsible for product marketing, product management, and business development functions with a heavy emphasis on product strategy, partnerships, and go-to-market planning.
The position will be both strategic and tactical – the executive will need to be hands-on in every aspect of the marketing organization while mentoring and directing a highly talented group of Product Managers and Business Development leaders. The individual must be able to work within a fast paced start-up environment and provide day-to-day strategic assistance to the senior management team.
This position will identify market opportunities and customer requirements for products including product strategy definition, marketing requirements, market opportunity analyses and pricing. He/she will reduce broad concepts and business strategies into structured product plans, conduct market research and monitor competitive activity. He/she will work closely with sales, customers and industry organizations to ensure revenue and customer satisfaction goals are met.
The VP of Product Management will direct the product management discipline. S/he will have responsibility for managing product lines and work with engineering, manufacturing and clients to lead products through their full lifecycle. The individual will be responsible for developing the product strategy, defining the product capabilities, and communicating the positioning of the Digital Lumens product family into the worldwide market.
The VP of Product Management will monitor business performance of the product portfolio. This includes product margins and inventory turn analysis. S/he will review sales, inventory, and customer pricing data and provide direct input for business reviews. The individual will collaborate with Engineering and senior management to develop and gain commitment for future product roadmap.
Responsibilities & Expectations
- Develop, enhance and direct the Product Management and Product Marketing function
- Define the product strategy and roadmap
- Work with senior management on day-to-day and strategic issues
- Understand competitor’s capabilities and the related competitive threats
- Identify barriers to success that must be overcome to support growth
- Maintain relationships with sales team and key customers and partners worldwide
- Act as a leader within the company
The ideal candidate must have 10+ years of progressive product management and marketing experience and demonstrated success managing sophisticated, technology-based product lines into the marketplace. The candidate must have proven leadership experience managing world-class product management, product marketing and marketing communication teams. The executive will have demonstrated their ability to work within a fast-moving environment with hands-on experience building world-class organizations.
The ideal candidate will have experience within the Cleantech, Systems Integration and/or Lighting environments. S/he will have experience bringing formal process to a small team structure with a proven capability of developing strategies and initiatives to allow quick and stable growth. The candidate must have a demonstrated track record of leading complex products through their full product lifecycle and holding engineering accountable for schedule.
The candidate must have experience in working in a small or medium size company and understand the need to be hands-on whenever necessary. S/he should be a strong leader and be able to work with cross functional groups in a technology driven company.
- Technical background with excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Proven ability to elicit and define business and technical products and interact effectively with customers and partners.
- Outstanding leadership with a demonstrated competency of managing technology through times of growth, change and ambiguity.
- Solid understanding of relevant technology and platforms.
- The successful candidate will relish in an environment where success is measured on accomplishments as well as building collaborative working relationships. The individual should be self-motivated and action oriented. S/he must be intelligent, hard working and result-driven, with excellent oral and written communication skills.
Personally, the individual must be highly motivated and will possess a unique blend of leadership, business, and marketing skills. The ideal candidate will have a dynamic, high-energy interpersonal style, and will be a strategic thinker with a strong product marketing focus.
B.S. degree in Marketing or a technical discipline with a Masters or MBA degree required. Approximately 20% travel.
Please send resume and contact information to email@example.com.
Please let us know about others that may be interested in this opportunity. You may be eligible for the DL non-employee referral reward.
Digital Lumens will not accept unsolicited resumes from placement agencies or recruiters.