Digital Lumens, with headquarters in Boston’s Innovation District, is driving the industrial and commercial smart building revolution by providing superior software, products, and system integration. Its cloud-based intelligence platform, SiteWorx, brings the tangible benefits of the Internet of Things (IoT) to commercial and industrial environments worldwide, and leverages the power of connected lighting and IoT sensors to deliver business intelligence from a unique vantage point—overhead. Its smart building solutions have been deployed across nearly 500 million square feet of space, and the company is distinguished by breakthrough technology, a management team of proven visionaries from the solid-state lighting and distributed networking industries, and proven results from real-world clients in 45 countries.
Digital Lumens’ innovative technology combines connected lighting fixtures, IoT sensors, and a software platform called SiteWorx to create next generation smart buildings. The SiteWorx platform powers a suite of applications, each designed to solve a specific business problem for industrial and commercial end users. Each application is accompanied by advanced analytics and reporting functionalities that allow users to apply a wealth of data-based intelligence to benefit the organization’s bottom line. A sample of the applications includes:
Sense: Environmental monitoring solution that tracks temperature and humidity across a building or facility to ensure operational and regulatory requirements are met, energy management solution that monitors, measures, and controls non-lighting electrical loads for insight into operations and maximum efficiency;
Area: Space utilization and optimization, asset management, security; and
Tune: advanced lighting control and management solution for maximizing energy savings with automated measurement and verification, while ensuring and maintaining employee safety and comfort.
Digital Lumens was founded in 2008 and became part of the global technology company OSRAM in 2017.
As an Infrastructure Software Engineer, you will join our team developing the SiteWorx smart building platform. SiteWorx lives in the cloud and is built in Go. You will build new services for our extensive feature backlog in areas such as lighting control, environmental monitoring, energy usage monitoring, and resource optimization in industrial environments.
- Develop new features and services for our SiteWorx platform, including design of data models, design and build APIs, integrate 3rd party services, etc
- Evaluate new technologies with an eye toward keeping our products on the cutting edge
- Develop infrastructure to measure and improve performance of services as we scale up to millions of connected nodes worldwide
- Ability to successfully work with internal and external customers to define product requirements and resolve challenging issues
- Expertise in Go is preferred, but we will also consider applicants with extensive experience in related languages (C, C++, Java) who are interested in learning Go
- Mastery of relational databases (we use PostgreSQL); familiarity with data warehouse concepts and large scale time series databases are big pluses
- Ensure code quality by writing extensive unit and functional tests along with all features
- Excellent quantitative, analytical, problem solving, communication, creative, and interpersonal skills
- Effective multitasking and ability to deliver on-time and with quality results
- Awareness of information security best practices for the modern cloud environment
- An advocate for efficiency and sustainability
- Demonstrable experience building large scale commercial cloud products
- BS/MS/ME in Computer Science or 5+ years equivalent work experience; recent college graduates through experienced engineers are encouraged to apply
- Successful candidate will be required to submit examples of work that demonstrate proficiency at a level that meets the position requirements
Position is based in Boston. Local Boston candidates only. This role does not offer relocation assistance.
Interested in this position? If so, please apply online via the OSRAM job portal.
Digital Lumens will not accept unsolicited resumes from placement agencies or recruiters.