Software Engineer – DevOps
Digital Lumens, with headquarters in Boston’s Innovation District, is driving the industrial and commercial smart building revolution by providing superior software, products, and system integration. Its cloud-based intelligence platform, SiteWorx, brings the tangible benefits of the Internet of Things (IoT) to commercial and industrial environments worldwide, and leverages the power of connected lighting and IoT sensors to deliver business intelligence from a unique vantage point—overhead. Its smart building solutions have been deployed across nearly 500 million square feet of space, and the company is distinguished by breakthrough technology, a management team of proven visionaries from the solid-state lighting and distributed networking industries, and proven results from real-world clients in 45 countries.
Digital Lumens’ innovative technology combines connected lighting fixtures, IoT sensors, and a software platform called SiteWorx to create next generation smart buildings. The SiteWorx platform powers a suite of applications, each designed to solve a specific business problem for industrial and commercial end users. Each application is accompanied by advanced analytics and reporting functionalities that allow users to apply a wealth of data-based intelligence to benefit the organization’s bottom line. A sample of the applications includes:
- Sense: environmental monitoring solution that tracks temperature and humidity across a building or facility to ensure operational and regulatory requirements are met;
- Amp: energy management solution that monitors, measures, and controls non-lighting electrical loads for insight into operations and maximum efficiency; and
- Tune: advanced lighting control and management solution for maximizing energy savings with automated measurement and verification, while ensuring and maintaining employee safety and comfort.
Digital Lumens was founded in 2008 and became part of the global technology company OSRAM in 2017.
As a DevOps Software Engineer, you will join our team developing the SiteWorx smart building platform. With a focus on DevOps you will write code and build processes to ensure reliable continuous delivery of our cloud-based services.
- Build tools and processes for deployment, configuration, and monitoring of the SiteWorx platform
- Evaluate new technologies with an eye toward keeping our products on the cutting edge
- Experience building, testing, and deploying large scale commercial web products on Amazon Web Services (AWS)
- Proficiency in Python and Go (or willingness to learn Go on the job)
- Expertise in Ansible or similar configuration management tools (Chef, Puppet)
- Expertise in Docker or similar container-based deployment platforms
- Familiarity with monitoring and alerting infrastructure (we use Prometheus, Grafana, Elastic, CloudWatch, and VictorOps)
- Familiarity with relational databases and other datastores (we use PostgreSQL and Redis) and related processes (schema migrations, replication, etc.)
- Excellent quantitative, analytical, problem solving, communication, creative, and interpersonal skills
- Effective multitasking and ability to deliver on-time and with quality results
- Awareness of information security best practices for the modern cloud environment
- An advocate for efficiency and sustainability
- Demonstrable experience with large scale commercial web products
- BS/MS/ME in Computer Science or 5+ years equivalent work experience; recent college graduates through experienced engineers are encouraged to apply
- Successful candidate will be required to submit examples of work that demonstrate proficiency at a level that meets the position requirements
Position is based in Boston. Local Boston candidates only. This role does not offer relocation assistance.
Digital Lumens is an equal opportunity employer.
Please send resume and contact information to email@example.com.
Not for you? Please let us know about others that may be interested in this opportunity – you may be eligible for the DL non-employee referral reward.
Digital Lumens will not accept unsolicited resumes from placement agencies or recruiters.