Senior Product Manager – Applications
As a pioneer in developing and implementing next-generation LED lighting solutions, Digital Lumens is taking a game-changing approach to the industrial IoT and smart building movement. With the introduction of the first Intelligent Lighting System, the company has designed a unique platform that combines LEDs, sensors, and software into a single, integrated system that reduces lighting-related energy use by up to 90 percent, and delivers networked building intelligence that improves organizational insight, productivity, efficiency, and safety.
As a company, Digital Lumens is distinguished by breakthrough technology, a management team of proven visionaries from the solid-state lighting and distributed networking industries, and proven results from real-world client deployments.
Reporting to the VP of Product Management, the Senior Product Manager for Digital Lumens Software Applications is responsible for managing Digital Lumens’ building intelligence SW platform and applications including but not limited to Lighting Control, Environmental Sensing, Power Monitoring, Security, Asset Tracking, and Location Services. Responsibility is for all software platforms and applications globally across all vertical markets and geographical regions. Responsibilities include managing the SW platform and associated applications through their lifecycle, gathering and prioritizing product and customer requirements, defining the product vision and strategy, and working closely with the CTO and engineering to deliver market-leading solutions. These applications will be developed with a mobile-first, quick iteration development sense and offered to the market on a cloud platform with a SaaS business model. The ideal candidate will be able to work fast, make quick data-driven decisions, and have experience in similar environments. A key part of the role is close collaboration with controls and sensors Product Manager to ensure delivery of data-driven applications that meet the market requirements.
The position requires working closely with sales, marketing, customer support, and technology partners to ensure that revenue and customer satisfaction goals are met. Overall responsibility also includes ensuring that product and marketing efforts support the company’s overall strategy and goals.
- Managing the entire product line life cycle from strategic planning to tactical activities
- Specifying market requirements for current and future products by conducting market research supported by on-going visits to customers and non-customers
- Writing Product Requirement Documents with prioritized features and corresponding justification based on market and customer requirements
- Developing market intelligence and driving competitive analysis; becoming the company’s recognized subject matter expert with respect to competitors’ offerings
- Managing product pricing that meets the product revenue and company’s profitability goals
- Developing sales tools and related go-to-market materials; brief and train DL Partners and Sales organization
- Communicating corporate roadmaps and overall corporate direction to customers, partners, and prospects
- Delivering effective presentations and product demonstrations as needed to support analyst, partner, and prospective customer meetings
- 5+ years of product management experience
- Experience in managing cloud-based SW platforms is highly desirable
- Management of Mobile and Web-based applications with an appreciation for UI/UX design decisions and implementation.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- This position requires global travel (up to 25%)
Please send resume and contact information to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Not for you? Please let us know about others that may be interested in this opportunity – you may be eligible for the DL non-employee referral reward.
Digital Lumens will not accept unsolicited resumes from placement agencies or recruiters.