Digital Lumens, with headquarters in Boston’s Innovation District, is driving the industrial smart building revolution through superior software, products, and system integration. Our cloud-based intelligence platform, SiteWorx, brings the tangible benefits of the Internet of Things (IoT) to industrial environments worldwide, and leverages the power of connected lighting and IoT sensors to deliver business intelligence from a unique vantage point—overhead. Our intelligent lighting controls and facility and process monitoring solutions have been deployed across nearly 500 million square feet of space, and the company is distinguished by breakthrough technology, a management team of proven visionaries from the solid-state lighting and distributed networking industries, and proven results from real-world clients in 45 countries.
We are seeking a highly-motivated, hands-on Project Engineer to serve as a technical resource for the field sales force in North America. During pre-sales, candidate will provide technical support through performance of site audits to assess lighting requirements as well as environmental and process monitoring needs, develop photometric analysis and system designs, and work with the territory Application Engineer to develop solutions for the customer. During installation, candidate will be responsible for training installers, and conducting final commissioning of system. Post-sales, candidate will perform on-site troubleshooting and system upgrades. Travel on an as-needed basis to support territory requirements.
- Performance of site audits to assess current light levels and evaluate existing manufacturing process monitoring needs
- Development of timely and accurate lighting layouts and ROI models based on customer project requirements
- Creation of system schematics based on feedback from Application Engineer
- Conduct system commissionings and end-user trainings; facilitate formal system turnover to customer
- Act as an extension of the customer support team to investigate issues in the field by supplying accurate diagnostics and issue descriptions, perform troubleshooting steps or system upgrades as necessary
- Ideal candidate must be self-motivated with a proven track record in taking ownership of projects and drivign them to completion with little-to-no direct supervision
- Comfortable working as a remote employee in the dynamic atmosphere of a technical organization with a rapidly expanding customer base
- Ability to articulate technology and product positioning to both business and technical users
- Must possess strong presentation skills and be able to communicate professionally in written responses to emails, RFPs, and when submitting reports
- Organized and analytical with strong attention to detail
- Ability to work independently in a rapidly changing environment, and reprioritize work based on shifting priorities
- Ability to travel throughout the sales territory (50-80%)
- Ability to work at heights in commercial industrial environments. Some environments may be refrigerated (-30C) or non-conditioned (35C).
- BS in Engineering or Computer Science is strongly preferred
- Preferred candidate will have a deep understanding of IT networking and security
Position is based from home in the Chicago area (location negotiable) with travel throughout North America.
If you know about others that may be interested in this opportunity, you may be eligible for the Digital Lumens non-employee referral reward.
Digital Lumens will not accept unsolicited resumes from placement agencies or recruiters.