Working within Manufacturing Operations, in this role you will manage a variety of tasks in support of our end to end global supply chain. As the Operations Assistant, you will be part of a small, cross-functional team of smart, driven professionals. Reporting to the Director of Global Supply Chain, this position will assist in a wide variety of activities in support of our Operations and Manufacturing staff. The position is dynamic and will quickly expose you to a fast-paced operations environment, including logistics, supply planning, and order management.
We’re looking for a person with early planning skills who can develop the insight to be forward looking while completing the required transactional work that keep things running smoothly on a daily basis. This person should also be able to take direction and exhibit ownership for assigned tasks or projects from start to completion. The right candidate should be able and willing to work within a fast paced environment that requires close collaboration with cross functional team members to meet customary deadlines.
- Plan and purchase consigned material to our factories in support of production.
- MRO purchases including min\max purchases for accessories, etc.
- Receives material in the business system for MRO and inventory purchases.
- Establishes jobs within ERP to convert WIP to finished goods.
- Maintain correct revisions of inventory in warehouses and clear lines of old product when necessary.
- Own and complete daily, weekly and monthly transactional tasks and report on KPI’s as required.
- Support team members as needed in projects or tasks.
- AS degree minimum with a business discipline.
- APIC certification a plus
- Demonstrated ability in planning and purchasing within a dynamic environment supporting new product introduction and steady state manufacturing.
- 2+ years experience in a fast-paced, high tech supply chain supporting low cost work centers
- Excellent PC skills, a super user of MS Excel™
- Solid written and verbal communication skills
Location: Boston MA USA
Local candidates only, no relocation offered for this position
Please send resume and contact information to email@example.com.
Digital Lumens will not accept unsolicited resumes from placement agencies or recruiters.