Digital Lumens, with headquarters in Boston’s Innovation District, is driving the industrial and commercial smart building revolution by providing superior software, products, and system integration. Its cloud-based intelligence platform, SiteWorx, brings the tangible benefits of the Internet of Things (IoT) to commercial and industrial environments worldwide, and leverages the power of connected lighting and IoT sensors to deliver business intelligence from a unique vantage point—overhead. Its smart building solutions have been deployed across nearly 500 million square feet of space, and the company is distinguished by breakthrough technology, a management team of proven visionaries from the solid-state lighting and distributed networking industries, and proven results from real-world clients in 45 countries.
Digital Lumens’ innovative technology combines connected lighting fixtures, IoT sensors, and a software platform called SiteWorx to create next generation smart buildings. The SiteWorx platform powers a suite of applications, each designed to solve a specific business problem for industrial and commercial end users. Each application is accompanied by advanced analytics and reporting functionalities that allow users to apply a wealth of data-based intelligence to benefit the organization’s bottom line. A sample of the applications includes:
- Sense: environmental monitoring solution that tracks temperature and humidity across a building or facility to ensure operational and regulatory requirements are met;
- Amp: energy management solution that monitors, measures, and controls non-lighting electrical loads for insight into operations and maximum efficiency; and
- Tune: advanced lighting control and management solution for maximizing energy savings with automated measurement and verification, while ensuring and maintaining employee safety and comfort.
Digital Lumens was founded in 2008 and became part of the global technology company OSRAM in 2017.
We’re looking for an experienced mobile developer to lead the creation of apps for our SiteWorx smart building platform. We’re currently using React Native on top of native iOS and Android code to build mobile apps which allow our customers to control, monitor, and optimize their facilities.
- Develop and publish both iOS and Android mobile applications for the SiteWorx platform
- Participate in all aspects of the product lifecycle, from initial design through publishing on the app stores
- Evaluate new technologies with an eye toward keeping our products on the cutting edge
- Ability to successfully work with internal and external customers to define product requirements and resolve challenging issues
- Extensive experience with application development, including design
- Excellent quantitative, analytical, problem solving, communication, creative, and interpersonal skills
- Effective multitasking and ability to deliver quality results on time
- An advocate for efficiency and sustainability
- Have built and shipped consumer-quality apps on iOS and Android platforms.
- BS/MS/ME in Computer Science or 5+ years equivalent work experience
- Successful candidate will be required to submit examples of work that demonstrate proficiency at a level that meets the position requirements
Position is based in Boston. Local Boston candidates only. This role does not offer relocation assistance.
Please send resume and contact information to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Not for you? Please let us know about others that may be interested in this opportunity – you may be eligible for the DL non-employee referral reward.
Digital Lumens will not accept unsolicited resumes from placement agencies or recruiters.