Inside Sales Representative
Digital Lumens, an OSRAM business, is driving the Industrial IoT (IIoT) and smart building revolution through superior software, products, and system integration. Our cloud-based platform, SiteWorx, brings the tangible benefits of the IIoT to industrial environments worldwide, and leverages the power of intelligent, connected lighting and wireless smart sensors to deliver facility-wide control and new operational insight.
Our intelligent lighting controls and IIoT-based facility and process monitoring solutions have been deployed across more than 550 million square feet of space, and the company is distinguished by breakthrough technology, a management team of proven visionaries from the solid-state lighting and distributed networking industries, and proven results from clients in 45 countries.
Digital Lumens was founded in 2008 and became part of the global technology company OSRAM in 2017.
Position Overview – Inside Sales Representative
The Inside Sales Representative (ISR) will be based at Digital Lumens’ office in Boston’s Seaport and lead the development of new business and continuously improve the identification of new customer acquisition process. The ideal candidate will be an experienced inside sales professional who is exceptional at identifying, developing and nurturing prospects. This individual will have had first-person experience at both inside sales and business development and will have been a top performer throughout his/her career.
- Build relationships to promote sales growth of accounts through outbound contacts; establishes working relationships with end-users and buyers in order to secure opportunities.
- Develops and maintains effective relationships with multiple departments; identifies key players at customers’ organization; understands and meets customers’ needs.
- Penetrate all targeted accounts and radiate sales from within client base.
- Collaborate with appropriate team members to determine necessary strategic sales approaches
- Probes and identifies sales opportunities that are not readily apparent; offers solutions.
- Is empowered to coordinate efforts with other departments to ensure the satisfaction of and bolster the relationship with their accounts.
- Understands the account management process; develops strategies and implements plans to grow profitable sales; presents plans to company management as required.
- Develops new business through researching and understanding the industry/customer’s market. Proper campaigns by vertical will be crucial.
- Attends product/vendor/systems meetings and training to stay up to date on new product lines and current systems.
- Utilizes available resources to cross reference products to meet customer order requirements.
- Maintains accurate records and the files necessary for proper management of customers via Salesforce.com
- Maintain professional and technical knowledge
- Some travel may be required
- 2+ years of successful progressive experience as an inside sales professional.
- Extensive experience with use of Salesforce.com.
- Experience in developing demand generation campaigns to include the development of call scripts and success metrics.
- Demonstrated people skills by building key relationships with potential customers.
- The ISR experience should be specific to pursuing the sale of a technology-oriented product or service in a business-to-business setting.
- Excellent presentation and negotiation skills.
- Territory management, and sales planning experience is a plus
The ideal candidate will possess a dynamic, high-energy interpersonal style with a strong sales and revenue generation focus.
Interested in this position? If so, please email your resume with the job title in the subject line to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Is this role not for you? Please let us know about others that may be interested in this opportunity – you may be eligible for the Digital Lumens non-employee referral reward.
Digital Lumens will not accept unsolicited resumes from placement agencies or recruiters.