Inside Sales Representative – National Accounts Region
Based in Boston MA & supporting sales operations throughout the United States, the ideal candidate will establish and develop key relationships with assigned National Accounts through outbound telephone, email and other avenues. In addition, you will communicate Digital Lumens’ value propositions by offering products and services. A key element of success will be working to establish effective business relationships with resellers and customers, identify new business opportunities, and actively close on leads, quotes, etc. Also, you will maintain minimum expected call frequencies and maintain appropriate documentation via Company’s methods.
- Achieve annual targets for establishing reseller partnerships and sales; understands and communicates Digital Lumens’ products and pricing strategies.
- Builds relationships to promote sales growth of accounts through outbound contacts; establishes working relationships with resellers, end-users and buyers in order to secure sales.
- Develops and maintains effective relationships with multiple departments; identifies key players at customers’ organization; understands and meets customers’ needs.
- Probes and identifies sales opportunities that are not readily apparent; offers solutions.
- Is empowered to coordinate efforts with other departments to ensure the satisfaction of and bolster the relationship with their accounts.
- Performs sales support duties on their accounts such as entering orders and quotes.
- Understands the account management process; develops strategies and implements plans to grow profitable sales; presents plans to Company management as required.
- Develops new business through researching and understanding the industry/customer’s market.
- Attends product/vendor/systems meetings and training to stay up to date on new product lines and current systems.
- Utilizes available resources to cross reference products to meet customer order requirements.
- Maintains accurate records and the files necessary for proper management of customers.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Marketing, Business, or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Minimum of two years of Inside/Field Sales experience in lighting or technology product categories.
- Proficiency in Excel and MS office applications is required and strong database experience is desirable.
- Knowledge of Salesforce.com or other sales tracking software applications
Non-Negotiable Hiring Criteria:
- You’ll be asked to demonstrate positive interpersonal skills which are essential to building relationships and to conduct professional and courteous conversations with internal and external resellers and customers.
- Results oriented and self-motivated candidates; strives to achieve targets and goals; is assertive and proactive.
- You’ll possess strong technical and analytical skills as well as the ability to learn, to gain sufficient knowledge of product lines to participate in promotions
- Able to probe effectively, analyze data and compile reports as needed. Must be able to assimilate data and draw conclusions.
- A customer-focused mentality to meet and exceed our customer expectations is an important part of this role
- Ability to manage and execute multiple projects concurrently to successful completion, meet deadlines, and follow-up in a timely manner through excellent organizational, planning, prioritization and multi-tasking skills.
- Strong selling and negotiation skills; confident and poised to independently negotiate and manage a relationship with various customers as well as execute key sales strategies.
- Outstanding communicator, able to work independently and in a team/collaborative atmosphere.
- Work hours will be scheduled to support region time zones
- Extensive use of computer systems for tracking activity and providing management reports
- Frequent/regular telephone use and conference calls to communicate/converse with business partners.
- Frequent writing for communication and business purposes
- Frequent reading to keep abreast of industry trends and tendencies in order to effectively promote Digital Lumens’ products
Please send resume and contact information to email@example.com.
Is this role not for you? Please let us know about others that may be interested in this opportunity – you may be eligible for the DL non-employee referral reward.
Digital Lumens will not accept unsolicited resumes from placement agencies or recruiters.