As a pioneer in developing and implementing next-generation LED lighting solutions, Digital Lumens is taking a game-changing approach to the industrial IoT and smart building movement. With the introduction of the first Intelligent Lighting System, the company has designed a unique platform that combines LEDs, sensors, and software into a single, integrated system that reduces lighting-related energy use by up to 90 percent, and delivers networked building intelligence that improves organizational insight, productivity, efficiency, and safety.
As a company, Digital Lumens is distinguished by breakthrough technology, a management team of proven visionaries from the solid-state lighting and distributed networking industries, and proven results from real-world client deployments.
As Senior Firmware Engineer, you will be a key contributor on our interdisciplinary product development team. You will assist in designing and implementing new products and maintaining existing ones. Successful candidates will demonstrate a very high level of technical competence, hands-on design, and the ability to produce in a start-up environment.
- Working with a team to develop and implement embedded firmware for next-generation solid-state lighting systems, control systems, and accessories
- Work with Electrical Engineers in designing the digital side of new products
- Assist in specifying wired and wireless protocols over various physical mediums
- Design and development process ownership in all product development phases including: specification, testing, documentation, and support
- Support a manufacturing process for configuring and testing new products at a contract manufacturer
- BS/MS/ME in Computer Science and/or Electrical Engineering
- 5+ years of experience writing software for embedded systems in moderate to high volume products
- Extensive experience with C and moderate experience with Assembly
- Experience using various multitasking techniques: Interrupts, Asynchronous Events, and RTOS Threading
- Experience with wireless protocols is desired, especially 802.15.4 and ZigBee
- A background in using and evaluating different micro-controller architectures. PIC, AVR, and ARM desired
- Familiarity with TTL/CMOS level circuit design, Source Version Control, especially GIT and higher level scripting languages such as Python
*Applicants will be required to walk through the details of a previous micro-controller project in some detail to demonstrate their understanding of firmware architecture.
Please send resume and contact information to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Is this role not for you? Please let us know about others that may be interested in this opportunity – you may be eligible for the DL non-employee referral reward.
Digital Lumens will not accept unsolicited resumes from placement agencies or recruiters.