Electrical Engineer – Boston
Digital Lumens, an OSRAM business, is driving the Industrial IoT (IIoT) and smart building revolution through superior software, products, and system integration. Our cloud-based platform, SiteWorx, brings the tangible benefits of the IIoT to industrial environments worldwide, and leverages the power of intelligent, connected lighting and wireless smart sensors to deliver facility-wide control and new operational insight.
Our intelligent lighting controls and IIoT-based facility and process monitoring solutions have been deployed across more than 550 million square feet of space, and the company is distinguished by breakthrough technology, a management team of proven visionaries from the solid-state lighting and distributed networking industries, and proven results from clients in 45 countries.
Digital Lumens was founded in 2008 and became part of the global technology company OSRAM in 2017.
We’re looking for an experienced electrical engineer to lead the design of hardware devices for our SiteWorx smart building platform. As an Electrical Engineer, you will join our tightly-knit, interdisciplinary team of engineers based in Boston’s Seaport area in developing the world’s most intelligent and energy-efficient lighting control system.
- Ability to work with internal and external customers to define product requirements and resolve product issues
- Excellent problem solving and interpersonal skills
- Comfortable working with mechanical designers on electromechanical integration
- Ability to multitask and deliver projects on schedule
- An advocate for efficiency and sustainability
Education and Skill Requirements
- BS Electrical Engineering
- Experience designing electronics for high volume applications
- Experience with microcontrollers and firmware development
- Knowledge of switching power supplies
- Experience with schematic capture and PCB layout, preferably using Altium toolsuite
- Knowledge of UL, CE safety and EMC requirements
- Familiarity with electric code requirements and wiring practices
Candidates will be required to walk through the details of a previous development project in detail to demonstrate circuit design skills and circuit architecture insights. This position is based in our Boston Seaport office. We will only consider candidates in the Boston area. Relocation assistance is not available for this role.
Interested in this position? If so, please email your resume with the job title in the subject line to email@example.com.
Please let us know about others that may be interested in this opportunity. You may be eligible for the DL non-employee referral reward.
Digital Lumens will not accept unsolicited resumes from placement agencies or recruiters.
OSRAM is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, gender identity, or veteran status. If you are an individual with a disability and require a reasonable accommodation to complete any part of the application process, you may contact us at HRServices@osram.com for assistance.