Director of Sales – EMEA
Digital Lumens, with headquarters in Boston’s Innovation District, is driving the industrial and commercial smart building revolution by providing superior software, products, and system integration. Its cloud-based intelligence platform, SiteWorx, brings the tangible benefits of the Internet of Things (IoT) to commercial and industrial environments worldwide, and leverages the power of connected lighting and IoT sensors to deliver business intelligence from a unique vantage point—overhead. Its smart building solutions have been deployed across nearly 500 million square feet of space, and the company is distinguished by breakthrough technology, a management team of proven visionaries from the solid-state lighting and distributed networking industries, and proven results from real-world clients in 45 countries.
Digital Lumens innovative technology combines connected lighting fixtures, IoT sensors, and software platform called SiteWorx to create next generation smart buildings. The SiteWorx platform powers a suite of applications, each designed to solve a specific business problem for industrial and commercial end users. Each application is accompanied by advanced analytics and reporting functionalities that allow users to apply a wealth of data-based intelligence to benefit the organization’s bottom line. A sample of the applications includes:
- Sense: environmental monitoring solution that tracks temperature and humidity across a building or facility to ensure operational and regulatory requirements are met;
- Amp: energy management solution that monitors, measures, and controls non-lighting electrical loads for insight into operations and maximum efficiency; and
- Tune: advanced lighting control and management solution for maximizing energy savings with automated measurement and verification, while ensuring and maintaining employee safety and comfort.
Reporting to the Vice President of Worldwide Sales, this role is responsible for the hands-on leadership of the EMEA Sales Team supporting the EMEA Channels with primary responsibility for achieving sales growth through our channel partners.
The Director will drive sales methodology, through our sales team and provide a consistent, repeatable processes to ensure efficient, effective and measurable day to day channel operations. This person will enhance and develop the sales organization through training, mentorship, employee development and recruitment. And will be adept at creating and managing a team with analytics that reflect the goals and objectives of the company, the team and individuals.
The Director will have a background of executive leadership, experience, team building, and results and will work with executive team and cross functional organizations to ensure revenue, strategic, customer and company goals are met.
Digital Lumens is looking for a dynamic leader with a proven track record of success and achievement with 10+ years of progressive sales management experience. The candidate must have proven solution selling experience in identifying market size, focus, developing sales pipelines, penetrating new accounts and driving the sales process within a channel organization. The candidate must demonstrate experience managing a partner network, consistently exceeding quotas, accurately forecasting quarterly and annual targets and achieving sales commitments.
The candidate must possess a dynamic, high-energy interpersonal style, with a strong track record of hiring, retaining, developing and motivating top-tier sales talent. The candidate will also be a mentor and coach setting specific performance goals for each individual team member and developing the capabilities of the team while creating a sales operation that quickly responds to changes in the marketplace and adapts to the evolving needs of the organization as it grows.
- 10+ years of progressive sales experience
- Outstanding leadership with a demonstrated competency of managing technology sales through times of growth, change, and ambiguity
- Demonstrated experience using sales analytics and funnel management techniques to drive productivity and ensuring appropriate sales activity with visibility of the pipeline to senior management for forecasting and business planning
- Experience working closely with Marketing on programs to support the sales organization including lead generation programs
- Proven experience developing sales reps to achieve optimal team productivity levels
- Demonstrated management guidance and initiative implementing business plans and territory plans while remaining closely involved in the overall business, customer relationships, and the details of sales transactions
- Solid knowledge of and experience in formal sales training (i.e. Solution-Selling, Miller Heiman, Customer-Centric Selling, Strategic Selling, and/or Value Selling)
- Strong problem solving and analytical skills
- Proven sales methodology and process skills for complex sales situations
- Experience utilizing sales automation tools such as Salesforce.com
- Solid understanding of relevant technology and platforms, ideally IoT, Saas, and general energy efficiency
- Willingness to travel throughout the EMEA Region at least 50% of the time
The ideal candidate will relish an environment where success is measured on accomplishments as well as the ability to build collaborative working relationships. The individual should be self-motivated and action oriented. S/he must be intelligent, hard working, and result-driven, with an executive polish when it comes to oral and written communication. Undergraduate degree in business, marketing or a technical discipline required with a Master’s or MBA degree strongly preferred.
Please send resume and contact information to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please let us know about others that may be interested in this opportunity. You may be eligible for the DL non-employee referral reward.
Digital Lumens will not accept unsolicited resumes from placement agencies or recruiters.