Director of Hardware
Digital Lumens, an OSRAM business, is driving the Industrial IoT (IIoT) and smart building revolution through superior software, products, and system integration. Our cloud-based platform, SiteWorx, brings the tangible benefits of the IIoT to industrial environments worldwide, and leverages the power of intelligent, connected lighting and wireless smart sensors to deliver facility-wide control and new operational insight.
Our intelligent lighting controls and IIoT-based facility and process monitoring solutions have been deployed across more than 550 million square feet of space, and the company is distinguished by breakthrough technology, a management team of proven visionaries from the solid-state lighting and distributed networking industries, and proven results from clients in 45 countries.
Digital Lumens was founded in 2008 and became part of the global technology company OSRAM in 2017.
We’re looking for an experienced hardware development manager to lead our hardware team. You’ll be responsible for coordinating and managing a team of 8-10 engineers working across a family of solid-state lights, lighting controls, and wireless sensors.
This position is based in our Boston office.
- Manage hardware design for a family of solid-state lights, lighting controls, and wireless sensors, including design, testing, and debugging of complex electrical systems
- Manage development team on a day-to-day basis
- Collaborate with Product Management team to define and refine the hardware roadmap
Guide all aspects of hardware development from architecture, to regulatory, mechanical packaging, manufacturing test and bring-up, deployment, and field issues
- Ensure that features are implemented on-time and in a way that delights our users
- Crisp and clear communication – verbally, in your writing, and when you present your ideas to others
- Consistent collaboration among those you manage, as well as with other teams.
- A work ethic built on attention to detail in everything that you do
- The ability to motivate and persuade people around you in order to get stuff done
- BSEE or MSEE with 10+ years of experience
- Experience bringing product designs to mass production
- Experience leading a small team of engineers through new product development cycles
- Experience with all aspects of new product development, from design inception to mass production, including PCB layout and prototyping, circuit debugging, design validation testing, electro-mechanical packaging, thermal management, regulatory approvals, in-person manufacturing line-preparation, and end-product testing
- Excellent organization and time management skills
- Motivated to complete designs and push schedules, all while understanding the value of patience and a positive team-building attitude
- Familiarity with the exigencies of the industrial electronic lighting/controls/sensors market is considered to be a strong plus; e.g. awareness of relevant regulatory agencies and standards, appreciation of the needs and requirements of industrial facilities, etc.
- Additional technical nice-to-haves: familiar with LED luminaire design, power supply electronics, relevant sensor and control electronics (PIR, ambient light, etc), Zigbee and Bluetooth wireless systems, battery-powered electronics, embedded design and firmware programming, experience with Altium software, and Arena BOM documentation platforms
Interested in this position? If so, please email your resume with the job title in the subject line to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please let us know about others that may be interested in this opportunity. You may be eligible for the DL non-employee referral reward.
Digital Lumens will not accept unsolicited resumes from placement agencies or recruiters.
OSRAM is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, gender identity, or veteran status. If you are an individual with a disability and require a reasonable accommodation to complete any part of the application process, you may contact us at HRServices@osram.com for assistance.