Digital Lumens, an OSRAM business, is driving the Industrial IoT (IIoT) and smart building revolution through superior software, products, and system integration. Our cloud-based platform, SiteWorx, brings the tangible benefits of the IIoT to industrial environments worldwide, and leverages the power of intelligent, connected lighting and wireless smart sensors to deliver facility-wide control and new operational insight.
Our intelligent lighting controls and IIoT-based facility and process monitoring solutions have been deployed across more than 550 million square feet of space, and the company is distinguished by breakthrough technology, a management team of proven visionaries from the solid-state lighting and distributed networking industries, and proven results from clients in 45 countries.
Digital Lumens was founded in 2008 and became part of the global technology company OSRAM in 2017.
We’re looking for an experienced compliance engineer to lead the design validation and approbation of hardware for our SiteWorx smart building platform. As a Compliance Engineer you will join our tightly-knit interdisciplinary team of engineers developing the world’s most intelligent and energy-efficient lighting control system and sensor networks.
- Ownership of worldwide regulatory listings for new products and existing products.
- Participate in new product development; coordinate design validation and certification agency test plans.
- Perform compliance tests including, thermal, photometric, EMC, etc
- Generate detailed and accurate documentation relating to all test reports and results.
- Setup system experiments involving lighting products, lighting controls, and sensors.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering, BSEE or BSME desired; 2+ years of relevant regulatory experience required
- Ability to work with internal and external customers to define product requirements and resolve product issues
- Excellent problem solving and interpersonal skills
- Comfortable working with electrical designers on electromechanical integration
- Ability to multitask and deliver projects on schedule
- An advocate for efficiency and sustainability
- Experience in testing, validation, verification of consumer/industrial products.
- Knowledge of UL, CE safety and EMC requirements
- Experience working with certification agencies (UL, Intertek, CSA, TUV, DLC, etc.)
- Capable of reading detailed mechanical drawings and electrical schematics
- Hands-on prototyping and assembly experience (comfortable in a machine shop or EE lab)
- Experience and knowledge of electrical safety and NEMA code.
Position is based in Boston. Occasional travel to certification labs and contract manufacturers is required. Local Boston candidates only. This role does not offer relocation assistance.
Interested in this position? If so, please email your resume with the job title in the subject line to email@example.com.
Please let us know about others that may be interested in this opportunity. You may be eligible for the DL non-employee referral reward.
Digital Lumens will not accept unsolicited resumes from placement agencies or recruiters.
OSRAM is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, gender identity, or veteran status. If you are an individual with a disability and require a reasonable accommodation to complete any part of the application process, you may contact us at HRServices@osram.com for assistance.