We’re looking for an experienced backend developer to join the small team creating our SiteWorx Industrial IoT (IIoT) platform. SiteWorx lives in the cloud and all server-side code is written in Go. You will help to build new services to support our extensive feature backlog in areas such as lighting control, environmental monitoring, and resource optimization in industrial environments.
- Develop new features and services for our SiteWorx platform, including design of data models and APIs, integration of 3rd party services, etc.
- Evaluate new technologies with an eye toward keeping our products on the cutting edge
- Develop infrastructure to measure and improve performance of services as we scale up to millions of connected nodes worldwide
Required Experience & Competencies
- BS/MS/ME in Computer Science or 5+ years equivalent work experience
- Ability to successfully work with internal and external customers to define product requirements and resolve challenging issues
- Expertise in Go is preferred, but we will also consider applicants with extensive experience in related languages (C, C++, Java) who are interested in learning Go
- Mastery of relational databases (we use PostgreSQL); familiarity with data warehouse concepts and large scale time series databases are big pluses
- Ensure code quality by writing extensive unit and functional tests along with all features
- Excellent quantitative, analytical, problem solving, communication, creative, and interpersonal skills
- Effective multitasking and ability to deliver on-time and with quality results
- Awareness of information security best practices for the modern cloud environment
- An advocate for efficiency and sustainability
- Demonstrable experience building large scale commercial cloud products
- Successful candidate will be required to submit examples of work that demonstrate proficiency at a level that meets the position requirements
Digital Lumens, an OSRAM business, is driving the Industrial IoT (IIoT) and smart building revolution through superior software, products, and system integration. Our cloud-based platform, SiteWorx, brings the tangible benefits of the IIoT to industrial environments worldwide, and leverages the power of intelligent, connected lighting and wireless smart sensors to deliver facility-wide control and new operational insight.
Our intelligent lighting controls and IIoT-based facility and process monitoring solutions have been deployed across more than 550 million square feet of space, and the company is distinguished by breakthrough technology, a management team of proven visionaries from the solid-state lighting and distributed networking industries, and proven results from clients in 45 countries.
Interested in this position? If so, please email your resume with the job title in the subject line to email@example.com.
Please let us know about others that may be interested in this opportunity. You may be eligible for the DL non-employee referral reward.
Digital Lumens will not accept unsolicited resumes from placement agencies or recruiters.