Application Engineer (West Coast Channel)
Digital Lumens, an OSRAM business, is driving the Industrial IoT (IIoT) and smart building revolution through superior software, products, and system integration. Our cloud-based platform, SiteWorx, brings the tangible benefits of the IIoT to industrial environments worldwide, and leverages the power of intelligent, connected lighting and wireless smart sensors to deliver facility-wide control and new operational insight from a unique vantage point—overhead.
Our intelligent lighting controls and IIoT-based facility and process monitoring solutions have been deployed across nearly 500 million square feet of space, and the company is distinguished by breakthrough technology, a management team of proven visionaries from the solid-state lighting and distributed networking industries, and proven results from real-world clients in 45 countries.
Digital Lumens was founded in 2008 and became part of the global technology company OSRAM in 2017.
We are seeking a highly-motivated, hands-on Application Engineer to serve as the primary technical resource for the field sales force in North America. Candidate will provide technical training to resellers on product and system specifications. During pre-sales candidate will provide support to resellers and customers through technical evaluation of sales opportunities, product specification and system design. During installation, candidate will be responsible for training installers, providing project management services, and conducting final commissioning of system. Travel on an as-needed basis to support territory requirements.
- Empower territory reseller network and train value-added resellers on technical aspects of system and how to communicate value to customers
- Development and delivery of hardware and software product demonstrations to resellers and customers
- Conduct field audits in order to complete timely and accurate lighting layouts, network and controls architecture diagrams, and ROI models based on customer project requirements
- Represent Digital Lumens and evangelize networked lighting control and smart building solutions in customer meetings and at field events such as conferences and seminars
- Project manage the installation of demo and purchased solutions
- Facilitate system implementation and commissioning to include programming components, bringing software instances online, and training end users on controls platform
- Respond to functional and technical elements of RFIs/RFPs
- Convey customer requirements and feature requests from field to Product Management team
- Provide technical training on hardware and software components to internal and external sales teams
- Ideal candidate must be self-motivated with a proven track record in project management and/or software sales and IoT solutions
- Comfortable working as a remote employee in the dynamic atmosphere of a technical organization with ability to adapt to rapidly-changing priorities
- 5-7 years relevant experience in technology, software sales, and./or project management
- Deep understanding of IT networking and security, cloud computing, and SaaS models
- Ability to articulate technology and product positioning to both business and technical users
- Must possess strong presentation skills and be able to communicate professionally in written responses to emails, RFPs, and when submitting reports
- Organized and analytical, able to eliminate sales obstacles through creative and adaptive approaches
- Ability to manage multiple complex projects at once, and reprioritize work based on shifting priorities
- Ability to travel throughout the sales territory (50-80%)
- Ability to work at heights in commercial industrial environments during system implementation stage. Some environments may be refrigerated (-30C) or non-conditioned (35C).
- BS in Mechanical Engineering, Electrical Engineering, or Computer Science preferred.
Position is based from home in the Southern California area, with travel throughout western North America.
Interested in this position? If so, please send an email with your resume attached to email@example.com.
If you know about others that may be interested in this opportunity, you may be eligible for the Digital Lumens non-employee referral reward.
Digital Lumens will not accept unsolicited resumes from placement agencies or recruiters.