In the past couple of weeks, the #IceBucketChallenge rippled through my personal network followed by my professional network, including colleagues here at Digital Lumens. Starting with a challenge from our CEO, Tom Pincince, we have cheerfully embraced the chilly buckets, shared videos, and made donations to the ALS Association, happy to be part of a widespread movement to combat a terrible, debilitating disease.
While everyone is very busy at work and home, what I appreciate about the #IceBucketChallenge is:
- Widespread viral participation
- People’s taking a break from their daily priorities to support a bigger issue
- Seeing a lighter side of friends and co-workers
- The ice water is a cool respite from August in Boston. Thank goodness this isn’t happening in February!
A few of our team favorites are here, each with their own twist:
- CTO and Co-founder, Brian Chemel
- Denis Cho, Director of International Sales
- Jessica Wohl-Ludman, Sales Operations Manager, and
- Allison Parker, Director of Marketing, and the ILE fixture.
And, of course, I would be remiss in not urging you all to make a donation of any amount to the ALS Association. They are the beneficiaries of a windfall of goodwill and financial support, closing in on $100M since late July. With continued research and support, perhaps the goals of the challenge can be met. Here’s the link in case you haven’t yet been challenged: http://www.alsa.org/